Monday, June 14, 2010

Canada Yoga Take 2

Tonight, I taught my second yoga class at Bodyworks gym in Kitchener, Ontario. I had more than one student!

My ride to yoga was a bit of a driving exploration (like Christopher Columbus). My parents car is getting fixed so I had to rely on my Dad to drive me in my brother's standard car. I cannot drive standard with confidence, so I had no other easy choice. We left a little later than I had wished and he decided to take a back route. Every turn he made was not a confident one and I thought we were going to be en retard. I despise lateness when I am trying to teach Yoga because I like to see and speak with my students in advance. It was also my first night yoga class and I knew I would have some newbies.

Upon my arrival I was a little frantic and the desk reception let me know that I was going to have a good size class. Fortunately I had ten minutes to space. Immediately, I went to the washroom and mentally prepared myself for the full class. To give you an idea of what I was picturing, while in Florida, a 'normal' size for me was around twenty students, so that was my visualization.  Last week I had one student so twenty was a huge step up!

Tonight's full class consisted of eight delightful new yogis. It was a bit of a relief and the class consisted of all beginners. They had beautiful smiles and open hearts throughout the class. I did not feel as thought the class went super smooth but there was so much information to share in just sixty minutes. I managed to get my yoga inspiration today and I am looking forward to teaching on Wednesday!

New yoga class experiences are always a joy. Just glad I made it on time!

namaste

W h i t n e y  S c h n a r r

No comments:

Post a Comment