Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Yoga Job Part II

My last blog focused on making enough money to support your career as an instructor. The day after I requested a higher pay rate the fitness centre replied and agreed to increase my rate to $35.00 per class. I was suprised that they were willing to work with my shift schedule at the Coast Guard.

If you think you are being underpaid for a job than it is important to find out how your job is valued in the eyes of your employer. Perhaps they cannot afford to pay you anymore but it is always worth asking. Everytime you confront a payment issue it only gets easier. I learned from a wise friend who helped me find some personal ground so that I can stick up for what is important.

Get some backbone + love life.

yours gingerly,

W h i t n e y  S c h n a r r

1 comment:

  1. i had a feeling that might happen! im happy it did. thats wonderful. youre friend sometimes gets herself in trouble with the things she says. finding the balance of when to speak up and when to shut up is one of the best life skills

    ReplyDelete