Saturday, May 29, 2010

Outdoor Yoga

What does it mean when a bird poos on your yoga mat?

Every morning, around 8:00 a.m., I practice yoga outside on the deck. It is nice to practice alonside Lake Erie and enjoy our amazing sunny weather. Yesterday, an overly friendly bird dropped a special treat on my black yoga mat. At first, I was a little grossed out! I think it could be a representation of good luck. A drop of encouragement. Keep practicing yoga outside and sharing the practice of unity.  I think that makes sense.

There is an unwritten rule, that when a bird poos on you it is supposed to represent good luck. Perhaps, poo on the yoga mat is really special!

No injuries caused by the doodoo so I will continue to practice outdoors with my Coast Guard crew.

yours gingerly,

Whitney Schnarr

2 comments:

  1. haha, love the postive outlook Whit! Miss you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My coast guard base is located on the number one training base for all the CANADIAN GEESE ... and other awkward birds.
    I just rolled in the poo and got over it.

    ReplyDelete