Thursday, April 1, 2010

Elsie's Yoga Class

After the Anusara workshop with Joyce Savitz I downloaded Elsie's Yoga classes from itunes. They are free classes and I practiced with one yesterday Monday morning. It was a beginner class that focused on opening your shoulders, hamstrings as a preparation for downward facing dog. The class avoided wrist pressure postures and used the wall for about twenty minutes.  The class was great and I shared her wall stretches with my evening Intro to Vinyasa class and FSU Yoga class. It was a nice change of pace.

Spring 2010 semester has been loaded with power and core Yoga classes. I have been teaching high-paced, energetic classes. The problem with these classes is that the Yogis were exhausted after class and starting to show potential for injury. Slowing down the practice and focusing on proper alignment is going to be my final phase before I graduate and move to my next destination.

Check out Elsie's Free Podcasts on itunes.

namaste readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment