Sunday, March 28, 2010

Anusara Inspired!

Four years ago I started practicing Yoga in Loretto, PA with my sociology professor. Every Wednesday I went to track practice early, so that I could attend Yoga class. The class was in a damp and cold church recreational hall. I loved the class and started sharing my experiences with my teammates. Shortly after my church Yoga experience, I was certified, practicing, and teaching Yoga classes.


Recently, as in this weekend, I went to a Anusara workshop with Joyce Savitz (www.jacksonvilleyoga.com). I took two of her two hour yoga workshops and fell in love with Anusara. Derived from Iyengar Yoga, it focuses on alignment and opening your heart. Joyce went through postures with effective cues and extensive insight from her personal practice. After my first class I left feeling rejuvenated and inspired to continue the Anusara practice.


Today, I have been searching the web looking for workshops and teachers offering classes. My journey has begun to further explore alignment and to grow in my personal practice with Anusara.


Off to do more Anusara research =)

No comments:

Post a Comment