Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yoga in every conversation

Recently, my conversations seem to always include the topic of Yoga.  It is one of my main passions but it is not my only interest.  


For instance, while out for a friends Birthday celebration I kept finding myself talking about Yoga.  I told a friend, in midst of our conversation, that I was not to talk about Yoga for an entire hour.  Ten minutes later, the topic of Yoga  was back in business. I did not even realize that I was talking about Yoga, again.  Yoga is taking over my life=)  


On a side note, I could very well be having a conversation about Yoga with myself.  I might think people want to hear about breathing and asanas, but really they are not even listening.  Needless to say, it is time to avoid the conversation completely.  I need to have certain questions that prompt the topic but if they do not ask I do not bring up the subject.  A simple question regarding my day or form of employment will not be prompts.  I am currently a student and I can default by saying that I go to school full-time. 


Yoga is an easy topic of discussion and people seem to be genuinely interested.  It is not political and it is meant to be a peaceful activity.  It is not like Yoga is a private topic but it does not need to bombard conversations.


How does one spread Yoga without talking about it?


Lazy Sunday,


WG


 -xx-

No comments:

Post a Comment