Saturday, January 30, 2010

Big Yoga Classes

Today, I taught three different Yoga classes.  In one day, 130 people in Tallahassee, FL walked into my class. Teaching huge Yoga classes are not something I could physically do on a daily basis, but I had a blast. 

The day was an inspiration.  Three giant yoga classes are activities that encourage me to continue to guide students, and provide classes for large groups of people.  Teaching a class of 70 people is difficult but I love the energy it produces and I want to share Yoga with everyone.  In our limited space students were willing to make room for everyone.  The sharing of space was wonderful and I was proud to be a part of this energy.  Everyone deserves an opportunity to practice. 

Students were not afraid to talk to me after session.  Slowly, the Yoga community seems to be finding connection and recognizing that we are all equal.   A huge class did not turn students away from me or make us separate.  I would assume that we were one of the only 70+ Yoga classes held today in Tallahasse, FL.  Next week I look forward to guiding another giant Yoga class.



Today, my class was filled with students coming from a variety of experiences.  Teaching a huge class is hard to reach every student but I believe that the Yogic energy shared is just as valuable.    Even though it was a full room of Yogis, they stayed to listen to my Yoga suggestions for 75 minutes of their day.  Students listened and moved with my directions. 

namaste

WG : ) (huge smile!)

No comments:

Post a Comment