Friday, January 29, 2010

Yoga Flows

Life is in constant motion. New experiences, inspirations and emotions help to keep our lives in motion.  All of these factors are what help to create my Yoga experience each day.  As a young Yoga instructor, I am constantly growing and changing my practice.  My perspective on meditation, vinyasa and pranayam continues to evolve.  The Yoga mat no longer limits my practice.  During each class the Yoga pieces are delivered in a different manner because no Yoga class can be exactly the same (breathing, postures, sequencing, lighting, practitioners, etc...).  Yoga flows naturally and teaching styles continue to grow.

Each school semester seems to bring forth a new type of flow in my life and in my instruction.  The flow brings new style to the practice.  Teaching University students encourages me to stay creative and have fun with the new Yoga practitioners.  Guiding a group of Yogis who are of similar age and attending the same school is an amazing experience.  Common ground is already established before class begins.

Yoga is like a buffet- students and teachers can always mix up the postures in order to create a new flow.  The flow sometimes reveals itself before you even acknowledge the movement.

After four years of practicing and guiding Yogis I continue to notice the changes in my style.   Yoga has yet to present me with a limit.  Yoga should not feel like you are restricted or forced to go in any direction.  Following the flows (body, mind + spirit) will guide you to your next Yoga experience.  Enjoy the journey and share your own flow.  Remember, Yogis Choice.

namaste

heart,

WG

No comments:

Post a Comment