Thursday, October 1, 2009

Friendly Faces in a Yoga Class

In teaching yoga many wonderful friends have come along. Over the past 3.5 years my best friends have come from my yoga community. Each time new and old students enter the studio I feel a sense of excitement. I love bringing new stretches and flows to each student in class. It is wonderful to see people's progression in the different asanas and to watch their expressions change as they grow into the yoga setting. A feeling of 'comfort and familiarity' is what my favourite yoga teacher and co-worker would say. Life is about going places and not feeling awkward. Letting the self-conscious go, even if it is just for the 75 minutes of practicing. The yoga community seems to be really growing in the city I live in. Our events and activities are rooted from the yoga communities we are developing. Change and life is always present. namaste people of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment