Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Teaching from within

It is Wednesday and I am full of energy. I started of exhausted Sunday night and I have slowly been able to regain my crazy energy. Mondays I instruct three classes. My lack of energy made be extremely nervous to teach. I entered the class focused and chose to teach slowly. I based my class off my early morning energy level. Making sure to step off the mat and just instruct my students. The classes went well and they proved that I could still teach a class when my body was not 100% full. Our energy tanks can never be completely full, so it is good to practice at different levels.
Teaching in a slower class mode also seems to deliver a better product. I am forced to pay extra attention to my body and the students' reactions to the asanas. Teachers and students learn something new each class. Yoga is a powerful practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment