Friday, October 29, 2010

H a l l o w e e n Y o G a

After a full day of preparing for my halloween yoga class- seven joyful Yogis showed-up!!!!

I created a super spooky Halloween playlist and the students really enjoyed the songs. Playing theme music in class can be a tad awkward but when you are all dressed up the music really adds the final touch. My homemade wheat grass cookies were a huge hit!!!!  They were a healthy shade of green, too!

As for my costume, it came together after purchasing a crimping iron (which gives a nice 80s perm look), rainbow ribbons (from Michaels) and individual packages of starbursts all helped to create Rainbow Bright's image. If you were wondering, I did spend 40 minutes crimping my hair in the Florida Southern's Wellness washroom. The students were very creative with their costumes.  We had a killer bee, a gypsy, a sweaty athlete, and an Avatar who's power was that of controlling the direction of wind (my best description with picture below- sorry=).

Selecting my costume was a bit of a challenge. I have never been good at creating a costume and in the past I have warn my former coast guard shirt with a wig. Rainbow Bright was a huge step and I hope to improve my efforts next year!

Halloween Yoga class had prizes, too! I burned the halloween playlist and drew names for the compact discs. I handed out some wheat grass cookies, too. A little give-away excitement is always fun! I hope events like these help to encourage more participation.

What are you doing for Halloween?

Enjoy one songs from the Halloween playlist, "I put a spell on you" from the movie Hocus Pocus!!!

Have a spooky weekend!

namaste

Whitney :)

3 comments:

  1. The Avatar Aang costume is THE BOMB! please let that yogi know that I say, "Good Job!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I am a yoga teacher over in Seattle (got certified at SVYASA in India; it was a great month+), and I am planning my Halloween costume. I'd like to purchase the glider from your student that dressed up as Aang. Could you talk to him or give him my contact info so that I could see if he might be open to that? smcoger at gmail.com

    Stephen

    PS I saw that you also love Michael Franti & Spearhead. Have you seen the "Power to the Peaceful" Yoga DVD? It is great !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! You are not the first person to request his costume! I am having trouble getting ahold of him! I know he made his costume so I would recommend trying to copy it and make your own! Please send me your pics!

    Halloween Yoga is awesome and so is Michael Franti! I will check out the DVD!

    Love and Gratitude!

    ReplyDelete