Monday, July 12, 2010

Waterloo Yoga with Whitney

After a nice weekend away in the Muskoka's at my Aunt's cottage, I returned to my Yoga routine this morning. I managed to meet-up with my friend, Stephaney, for Bikram at noon and instructed class at 5:00 p.m.

Bikram was a great stretch after a weekend of jumping on a water trampoline. I had a bit of an inner thigh strain and a tight mid section. This is no ordinary trampoline- it has attachments which are similar to the hit television show, "Wipe Out". I have scarcely watched the show but I felt like my family was being filmed all weekend. I had some great laughs and hard falls off of the twirling trampoline attachment.


During my spare time between Bikram and teaching class, I wander around Waterloo doing errands. The radio had far too many repetitive songs, so I pressed CD. Whitney Houston's voice filled the car and I instantly fell in love with her song, "Million Dollar Bill". I kept it playing over the course of the afternoon.

Before my second Yoga class I went into Aritzia to purchase a new sweat shirt. To my surprise, Whitney Houston's song of the day was heating up the shopping floor. The sales associate and I both commented on how we really appreciated the song's presence. It was funny and comforting to hear my song of choice.

To top the day off, Yoga at Bodyworks was a enjoyable. I had three regulars and two new students. The gym's classes have never gone over 8 students, so I am pleased to be hosting a class with such high attendance and interest. I had one woman who was pregnant and just starting to workout for the first time. Not always the best decision but as my instructors would say, Yoga can be designed for anyone. I had to give her lots of extra attention but she was more than patient. Bodyworks has shown to be a great place to meet open minded people, who are willing to experiment with Yoga. I look forward to teaching class my second class this week on Wednesday at 5:00 p.m.

yours gingerly,

W h i t n e y

1 comment: