Friday, June 4, 2010

F r i d a y M o r n i n g: Yoga + Run

Last night, my crew and I went out on a night navigation. It was super foggy and our night vision was shot. We tried using our spot light to flash the channel markers but the light kept bouncing of the dense air. We put much of our trust in our compus bearings, GPS and radar. It was a challenging two hour night exercise and we were exhausted upon our secure at base.

I went to bed knowing that getting up for my run and yoga would be a challenge. My alarm went off at 0650 and I dismissed it. I slowly woke up around 0730 and managed to leave the base by 0800. I had a great run this morning, including my drills and lifting. After I closed with a gentle yoga session. It was nice to stretch and appreciate my body's strength after a late night on the water.

It is hard to get up and keep a morning routine going, but today I conquered my hesitation. I hope to continue my morning rhythm and believe in my inner strength. I do not think it is important to practice hard every day but to go through the motions that your body will accept. Listening and trusting in my strength always seems to impress my mental thoughts.

This afternoon we did a second workout and my body was filled with energy. Surprise strength. Love it!

yours gingerly,

Cox Schnarr

No comments:

Post a Comment