Thursday, October 29, 2009

Do we practice Yoga because we are not interested in Sex, Drugs + Rock'n Roll!?

I suppose my yoga interests are similar to things like Sex, Drugs + Rock'n Roll. My Yoga practices consist of having fun with my body, relaxing my mind, flowing through postures while listening to exciting music and having a refreshing Kombucha after practice. My Kombucha and Yoga high really set the mood and make me want to go back and enjoy it over and over again.


Growing up I listened to Kim Mitchell, Guns'n Roses + fluttered around to Beauty + the Beast Music. I enjoyed the fun music and grooving to the tunes with my sassy little sister. The moves and passion for our musical rituals, really helped give us a daily high. We were fearless singers and dancers. The same pleasure and freedom is found when I practice/instructor yoga.

I think the idea behind Sex, Drugs + Rock'n Roll is the relationship between personal pleasure, freedom + thrill. Wild and loud music can really rev up ones engine. The thrill and danger of taking drugs can release any personal restraint or tension. The idea of leaving home and heading to University lets us all break free into the world. Whether or not it is legal to consume certain substances certain free-birds enjoy the experimentation. The same concepts can be discovered through the practice of Yoga.

It is liberating to move your body in a non-judgmental environment. A nice stretch and relaxation can bring new birth to your physical and emotional state. You can even practice asanas to loud music. I personally prefer the practice of Yoga + Sex over the drugs. The Rock’n Roll is something that can always be encorporated in my life.

Namaste sugar bullets

1 comment:

  1. love wild dirty sex, love vinyasa. dont love when people try to get some sexy time from their fellow vinyasa friends - inapro. creeper if you are reading this, you know who you are you freakshow!!

    ReplyDelete